Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Reflective Post

Throughout this entire course, I found myself oddly at peace with all the new information and lessons included in all of my classes. Over the six semesters that I've attended Edison State College (Now Florida Southwestern University College), I've normally been too nervous to ask for help or asked a student for their opinions on my work. Mostly because I didn't think my work would be that good. The reason being that I've never honestly taken criticism well. But this was the first course that I've honestly felt comfortable asking people for their opinions.
I have also had an easier time reading the textbook. It’s the first one that I’ve actually been able to understand and not keep asking for help when I’ve read something that’s a new concept to me.
The one thing that I will say about this class, is that it’s the first time, I’ve ever been allowed to base most of my classwork on Irish history in America, or just simply American History (which was my favorite subject when I was in high school). Also, this class allowed me to be creative in my own way, while there were certain guidelines that I had to follow, it still left me with more room than I’m used to having when it came to designing the webpages and the quizzes that I did as part of my classwork assignments.
I’ll admit that I did stick to the same 2.0 education technology tools (bubblus, flipquiz, & kahoot) for most of my work. Mostly because when I checked out the others, they confused me way to much when it came to setting things up. Though I have to admit that my personal favorite was bubblus. It was fun being able to create a “web” of my own. Though when it came time to share the link to get credit for the assignment, that’s when things got tricky. I had to ask the teacher for help. I was worried she’d get mad, but instead she simply helped me, she wasn’t mad or anything, she was just helpful. Which in my two years here at FSW, is a nice change of pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment